Saturday, March 31, 2007

1 fuel belt and 10 miles later...

This morning I set out on my longest adventure yet. Graham and I headed to the Runners Roost to try to locate a fuel belt for me to take on the run. Luckily my dad has a good friend at work who runs marathons and gave me a tip for the type to get....and lucky again the store had one in stock and in my size. I also picked up a gel pack and was on my way. It was fairly quiet out on the run today, maybe passed by 5 people the whole 1 hour 45 minutes I was out. It was very peaceful and overall nice weather but a bit windy. My new strategy to drink a little something (either water or sports drink) each mile and choke down the gel around mile 7 worked great and I made it the whole 10 miles and felt good! Yeah! I saw some great birds on the way- all black with white wings...very cool. Thought my mom would like them since she is the black and white cat lover. =) 5 weeks until the mini-marathon in fort collins. I'm getting pretty excited. Today out on the run I even thought about someday training for a full marathon..... but we'll see!

2 comments:

eaddies said...

Howdy Shell..good for you on the fuel belt!! and the gel.....sounds really exhilerating!! wow,this is something Michelle!!!! Love,Maz

mamanicky said...

Fuel belt...that sounds very Zena princess warrior. You go girl!