Monday, February 18, 2008

Babies that have changed my life

I have loved being with kids my whole life. They remind you to relax, have fun, enjoy life, and help you remember the power hugs and kisses have to make you feel better. There have been some very special relationships over the years that I will never forget.

This is Zander. When I was in graduate school I started taking care of him when he was 4 months old up until a few months before his 2nd birthday. We had great times together at his swim lessons, hanging out around his house and in his garden, and taking walks and runs together. His family was amazing and I learned how to make homemade baby food for Zander while helping his mom in the kitchen.
I miss you Zander!














When I started graduate school one of my classmates- Roy- had just had a baby with his wonderful wife Angela. Her name is McKinley.

She would come to the office to hang out and we would see each other when all of us would get together for dinners, birthday celebrations, or holidays.

I grew to love McKinley and was so thrilled that she could be my flower girl at our wedding. She was the best flower girl you could ask for! I miss seeing her but am glad to keep in touch with her and her family through their family blog! Thanks for all the great times and laughs McKinley!

No comments: