Sunday, January 1, 2012

read the maual

New Years Day 2012. It was a cold windy day, and I decided as I do on most New Years Days that it was a time for a new beginning. I usually make some ridiculous New Years Resolution such as, "Im going to only buy a coffee drink 1x month to save money " or "Im going to stop over analyzing myself and my actions". Well this year I decided no more ridiculous resolutions that I give up and on a few weeks in. Instead I decided I need to find a hobby that makes me smile (and that can be enjoyed indoors during a Wisconsin winter). Photography it is. I actually pulled up the camera manual on my phone and read it! After googling aperature and reading the page about 5 times, using a pink frog for a learning subject, I think I get it, =)

little f, big opening
bigger f, small opening

 Also.... in reading the manual we realized that our camera was in a mode making it extremely difficult to take good pictures of moving objects (toddlers for example)!! After switching it over to the correct mode for our needs, and kicking myself a gazillon times that I missed taking good Christmas pics, I was excited to back on track. Seeing as I only understood about 1/5th of the manual language I think I'll just be practicing and feeling my way through taking better pictures. 
Gotta love looking at pictures to remind yourself of good times and cement great memories into your brain.
Happy New Year!
Hello, I wear underwear and comfy pants now, and go to the potty in the middle of the night when I need to.
Must have been my new years resolutions.

My favorite subjects.
mug shots

2 comments:

eaddies said...

CUTE PICS ..great hobby ..hahaahahhaha you are so funny Shell...Good for Iz,I love you all..xxoo

Erin Jacobs said...

great photos! careful, it can be addicting! :P what camera do you have?