Sunday, July 10, 2011

Reflecting

Had to laugh after my "life is beautiful" post, this weekend has been challenging. Cranky kids, fighting... did I really write in a post that izzy listened?? :) lol, all part of life.

It is hot here. Dc summer is upon us. I've been thinking alot lately about life, our life here, jobs, family. Last night my friend and I were riding our bikes home and were talking about work and "dream jobs". When she asked me what my dream job would be, I didn't have an answer. Hmmm. Actually my answer was, I'd like to move to the French countryside. she promptly told me that wasn't a job :)

I've been struggling with the feelings of busyness, being in a rat race. Work, home, errands, chores, work, email, buy, shop, hurry, etc etc. I hate being constrained by money, hate that it drives our world so much. I dream of being able to move to a farmhouse, be more relaxed, stay home with my kids. But then another part of me wonders if I would ultimately feel the same, hmmm. Whatever the case- I'm craving a slower pace of life. More relaxed environment, surrounding, way of life, short drive to the beach... ah a girl can dream.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

eaddies said...

I wish you could have a quieter way of life too dear one......
Thanks for this wistful posting...Loveyou,Gmaz