Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Cherry Blossoms in Madison

One of my favorite places in Madison (so far) is Olbrich Botanical Gardens,  http://www.olbrich.org/. They have amazing outdoor walking trails through all sorts of trees, plants, ponds, benches, etc. etc. It is beautiful and also a good place for the little ones to run around while I enjoy the surroundings.

It is a short walk from our house, and also right along the bike path. One day when I was biking the kids to the library I spotted some blossoming cherry trees in the gardens! I was so excited and swore to myself that I would go the next day to see them up close and to take some pictures with my camera. I still have waves of missing DC, which intensified when I was seeing all the cherry blossom pictures from those who still live there! I was excited that I still could enjoy the beautiful blossoms I grew to love when we were there. Come rain or shine I told myself I would see those blossoms, and I would take pictures. The weather had been warm, and I was planning the perfect picnic outing with the kids for the following day in my head.

Unfortunately the following day the weather took a turn toward cold and windy. Cold and wind do not go together with perfect picnic outing. I was afraid though if I didn't go that day, things would always come up, and I would miss the opportunity. So off we went after izzy's morning in preschool. With both kids whinny and an old camera battery that only promised time for a few photos I hurried the kids to the cherry trees and snapped away, barely looking at what I was taking with fear that my battery would die. I absolutely loved the cherry blossoms. With a sprinkling of daffodils on the path, it was truly picturesque.






And on the way back to the car, a few pics of the kids- to confirm their disapproval of this outing. lol, these pics really make me giggle.


Mission complete. Can't wait to see them next year!


1 comment:

eaddies said...

Haha..I love your write up and the kids faces....THE CHERRY BLOSSOMS are just gorgeous!!!!! So glad you 'stuck to your plan'!!!!! Love,Maz