Monday, April 23, 2012

Weekend

Finally got my phone blog app working again! I feel like at any given time I'm in a struggle with one electronic device - but I'm not complaining- I love all the options in documenting our lives and staying connected.

I went out Saturday with some moms in the neighborhood and had a great time. We went thrift shopping, walking at the arboretum, then to Jolly Bobs for mojitos and snacks- yummy!
It's always nice to have a break and get away for a bit, and feels very easy to only be responsible for yourself ;-). When I returned home the kids were ready for some wrestling and bedtime.

I also went running this weekend and we splurged on a single jog stroller for me to use when iz is at school. It's hard to believe I started this blog all those years ago to document my training for the half marathon. I'm now in the hunt for a Madison or St Paul half to try to convince Mel to do for a sister run! ;-)






Enjoying the warmer weather- bike rides, walks, park time.

Love seeing bikes of all sizes around the house.


Enjoying the spring flowers!

The perfect color (for me) of flowers right outside our house.
The kids love to pick little bouquets and they remind me of the tiny pink rosebud bouquets my mom used to pick for us.
Isnt it funny the certain memories that stick with you over the years? oh yes those little pink rosebuds and warm water bottles for our feet at night- covered with a pillow case for just the perfect temperature. (thanks mom). Enjoying the small things.







Graham brought home this little scoot bike for the kids to ride this weekend- iz had a blast.



Also started a few iBooks that I want to continue once I find them at the library. Our book club just picked "the magician's assistant".

Hoping I can find that along with "mommy wars" and "a million miles in a hundred years" at the library. Ah yes, trips to the library to fill up our green basket with books- another favorite childhood memory.

I hope everyone has a fantastic week- I'm fixin' for some more early morning alone time, running with bodes, and enjoying the sunshine with my kiddos.

Happy Monday!









- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

eaddies said...

SUPER great blog!!!!!Cute pics of Iz and Bo...such lovely flowers.....Sounds like you are so so so busy...glad you have a jogging cart for Bo......cute bikes!!!!!...glad you have some good friends!!!I just saw that water bottle today!! HaHa and it won't be long till the pink roses bloom..xxxooo

eaddies said...

haha on the electronic devices..isnt that the truth!