Saturday, May 29, 2010

park time


A "penny" in my day is when I stub my toe or say "ah!" iz calls out, "you okay mom?!" and when she gets hurt she says "I'm okay" and to bun bun when he gets hurt.." are you okay muns? don't worry I'll help you!"


We try to get to the park by our house atleast once a day. Iz loves to walk there and it only takes us about 30 minutes to go 2 blocks, lol- as she stops to splash in puddles, smell the flowers, and look at ants. She is a teacher in how to relax and enjoy the little treasures. Thanks for the reminder iz.

Iz gets practice (with much encouragement) giving turns at the park, watching what she wants like a hawk and then saying "izzy's turn with stroller, swing, etc." when she finally gets a turn. The swing, balls, and little stroller are all prized park toys! I feel proud when she gives a turn and is able to find something else she is excited to do.

The swing is still her favorite. Today at the park when I asked if she wanted an underdog she said "no, i want an undercat!" I literally laughed out loud. She also likes to look at things upside down and say "hey, youre upasidown!" -just some little pennies I don't want to forget.

Last night iz and i (and bodes watched!) made pizza and today oatmeal cookies- yummy! I love cooking, and have missed it since things have been so busy around here. Iz loves to help, and keeps me on my toes to make sure in the time I turn around the flour isn't on the floor or she isn't licking dough with raw egg in it...a new adventure each time. Nothing like enjoying warm oatmeal cookies and green tea with your kids to make an afternoon extra special.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

eaddies said...

Great pic..wind in your hair IZZY!!!!! xxoooo ......this blog is so darling Shell ...I love you all..love hugs,gmaz