Thursday, May 27, 2010

a usual day


almost every morning I wake up and tell myself, "tonight I will go to bed early!" and every night when the kids are finally asleep I can't resist the urge to sit down with a cup of tea and a few goodies and look at the pictures I've taken throughout the day, wanting to do anything to not forget the good times at home with my kiddos that day...checking on bodes sleeping on the couch cushion next to me and listening to iz's bedtime music on the monitor....checking the clock telling myself- just 5 more minutes...

Today was both a momentus and a usual day. First we ventured to target...all 3 of us! Bodes is the Bjorn and Iz in the cart...and we survived! My own excitment over new art supplies resulted in a cart full of the essentials plus finger paints, pipe cleaners, sparkly puff balls, and googly eyes. Iz was especially excited about the fingerpaints!

you may notice in the pictures she is wearing underwear! Don't be fooled...not potty trained! Yet anyway. The last few days she has been so into going potty in her little potty. Of course she was running around in the buff mostly. Turns out I think she thinks the underwear is like a pull up- went through 2 pairs then mom decided to go back to in the buff. ha! anyway...for memory sake a pic of her potty and potty chart

After lunch and naps we lounged around upstairs and iz found some toys that kept her busy for the afternoon. I never knew I could be so incredibly happy laying on my bed with bodes in my lap and listening to biz narrate her play- unwrapping presents (read=pantyliners). Biz you crack me up.


Bodes hung out on my legs while I tried to get a good picture without letting him tumble over.

he also recently found his hands, so spent some time chewing on them, ah the work of babies-

I've always wanted to "make" popsicles during the summer. Iz approved and had 3 propel water popsicles before bed while bodes laid on the bed and laughed at the light fixture-one of his favorite things


and after dinner and bath -complete with crying and screams that have become normal to me, we read books and both babes now sleeping soundly.

oh how I will miss these days.
it doesn't get much better than this.

but i'm sure i will miss this hour and a half in the morning...


No comments: